Can you wash Leather Motorcycle jacket?
- Use a leather cleaner that has been specially formulated for your type of leather. Choosing the wrong type of leather cleaner or using harsh chemicals will damage or even stain your leather.
- Once you have found the right leather cleaner for your type of leather, start by gently applying the with a damp cloth or sponge in a circular motion. Doing this will ensure an even coverage.
- Using a fresh cloth, wipe over your motorcycle jacket with clean water to remove the cleaner.
- Remove any excess water with a dry cloth or sponge.
- Once nearly dry, to prevent your motorcycle jacket from drying out or cracking, use apply a leather conditioner. This will help 'feed' the leather to keep it soft and supple.
- To help maintain the shape of your motorcycle jacket, hang it up to dry naturally on a wide padded hanger away from any sources of heat.
Ask a Question
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- Prevention is better than the cure. Regularly treating your motorcycle jacket with a good leather conditioner will help waterproof and protect your leather from the elements. It will save you from having to clean it as often.
- If you have matching leather motorcycle clothing, clean and treat these at the same time to ensure the colour matches.
- Leather and water do not mix very well. If your motorcycle jacket gets sodden in the rain, allow it to dry naturally away from sources of heat, then treat with a leather conditioner to maintain flexibility.
- Don't use home remedies. These can often do more harm than good to leather. Give your leather the TLC it deserves with a proper leather care product.
Loading...Did you try these steps?
Upload a picture for other readers to see.